Welcome!

Welcome to our new family recipe blog! Many of you may remember my attempts to collect recipes from the family (several years ago now) in order to compile a family recipe book. The project was put on the back burner while I finished my degree. Now that I'm done, I feel the need to share all these great recipes you all sent!

The more I thought about the project, the more I felt that a recipe book might be beyond the financial reach of many of the family. Because so many of these recipes have been handed down from family no longer with us, such as Great-Grandma Howard, Aunt Fern, and others, I feel we should all have access to the recipes. Thus the beginning of this blog!

I am slowly adding the recipes that were previously sent to me. If any of you would like to add recipes, please send me an email and I'll add you to the list of contributors so you have access. Also, most of the recipes do not yet have photos. If you would like to try a recipe and take a photo of the steps or even just the finished product, please feel free to add them. I always enjoy recipes more when they include photos.

If you have any other suggestions for the blog, please let me know. I'm starting it, but I would like it to be for the whole family! Please also feel free to share it with friends, though I think for now we'll keep the contributors limited to the McBride clan. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sour Cream Cookies


Sour Cream Cookies                                                                               
Recipe by Luella McBride

These cookies freeze well.

¼ cup butter or margarine
½ tsp vanilla
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1½ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup sour cream
Dates, nuts, etc (opt)
            Cream together butter, vanilla and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.

Icing
¼ cup butter (don’t use margarine)
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla

            Mix together. Add hot water as needed to reach desired consistency.

No comments: